Banking and Finance has been added to your bookmarks.
Banking and finance
Reff & Associates’ banking and finance team has built an extensive track record advising on all areas of transactional banking, including syndicated type credit facilities, work-out and alternative restructuring options, securitization, transfers of portfolios as well as M&A in the Sector of financial services.
Our transaction expertise includes:
- Assisting clients on loan facilities and the related security, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating the credit documentation (on a LMA and bespoke basis) and the related security documentation and, generally, assisting clients to reach the transaction closing
- Assisting clients in drafting, reviewing and negotiating bespoke restructuring documentation of various loan facilities (consensual restructurings)
- Assisting clients on the trading (acquisition or sale) of debt facilities and claims (in both portfolio and single ticket transactions), including reviewing the underlying credit documentation, the drafting, reviewing and the negotiation of the transfer documentation and, generally, assisting clients to reach the transaction closing
- Assisting clients with due diligence on assets, corporate due diligence, other collateral origination documents (e.g. lease agreements)
Being part of a full-service restructuring, insolvency and disputes/litigation team, we can deliver restructuring and insolvency advice including:
- Advising clients in relation to the validity and enforceability of contemplated transactions and the underlying documentation and, generally, in relation to businesses and/or assets our clients own or want to acquire
- Advising clients on the impact of insolvency proceedings on secured creditors’ rights and mitigating insolvency risks
- Advising clients in relation to the protection and enforcement of secured creditors’ rights
Regulatory compliance support and advice:
The financial services sector is currently one of the most regulated industries worldwide and regulatory constraints are expected to only increase. In-depth local knowledge and an international outlook are a must to ensure proper management of regulatory risks for financial institutions.
Our clients include:
• Banks and credit institutions
• Investment funds
• Corporate sponsors/borrowers