Energy and environment
Legal counsel to:
- the Romanian leader of the electricity distribution and supply activities within the attempted acquisition of a minority share within a Romanian distribution concessionaire entity. The assistance entailed the review of the distribution tariffs methodologies and impact.
- the Romanian group of companies, subsidiaries one the biggest Italian electricity production and distribution companies, within the process of an attempted exit from the Romanian market. The assistance covered regulatory and contractual matters.
- a Romanian distribution concessionaire entity with respect to the legal regime of the distribution activity.
- the renewable production entity, subsidiary of one of the biggest Italian electricity production and distribution companies, in the process of acquisition of two photovoltaic projects located in Romania. The assistance included full legal due diligence on real estate and regulatory aspects, as well as transaction assistance.
- the Romanian subsidiaries part of the leading, global renewable energy company in analyzing the separation and restructuring methods of the company’s business in Romania, assistance in connection with the spin-off of the company and assistance and representation in front of the national regulatory authority for the energy sector.
- the key leader of the Hungarian energy sector on energy regulatory legal aspects and preparation of a due diligence analysis of a park of 16 micro-hydro power plants located in Transylvania.
- a Romanian independent petroleum exploration and production company in relation to the legal framework applicable to an oil agreement for exploration of gas in the Black Sea (farm-in/ farm-out agreement).
- one of the most active investment funds in the real estate sector in relation to the obtaining of a distribution license for the commercial parks it operates. Further, the assistance included various regulatory aspects necessary for the organization and performance of the distribution activity and the negotiation of certain industry specific contracts.
- a Spanish electricity distribution company on the legal framework applicable for the production, development and operation of a wind farm in Romania, design of the contractual structure necessary for the development of a wind farm and its construction.
- various industrial and retail consumers within their relation with the distribution operator, including in the procedure for the connection to the grids.
Legal counsel to:
- Major food retail chain
Day to day assistance on environmental law matters, particularly waste management and other environmental law requirements applicable to the storage and selling of various food and non-food products.
- A large group of companies designing and selling ready-to-assemble furniture and related accessories
Assistance on waste management requirements, particularly in relation to packaging waste and WEEE, including WEEE collection from the public.
- Important producer of lighting equipment for the automotive industry
Assistance on checking and ensuring compliance with the legislation on packaging waste and WEEE
- Large power supplier
Assistance in identifying the requirements from the perspective of WEEE legislation for implementing a project for the supply and installation of lighting sources to industrial clients also involving the take-over of waste lighting equipment.
- Clients from production and retail
Assessment of exposure towards the Environmental Fund and drafting of procedures for the individual fulfillment of the legal packaging waste recovery targets.